. MTV 'n Ting .

After the news on thursday morning, we hit up the Barclycard Mercury Prize in Camden to interview the nominees. 

Photobucket

Some of my faves:

Ben Howard. Fit

Photobucket

His best 'gracious loser face'

Photobucket

Plan B

Photobucket

Lianne La Havas

Photobucket

Jessie Ware

Photobucket

The Maccabees were very excited

Photobucket

And of course the winners, Alt-J.

Photobucket

The highlight of my week had to be the Lee Scratch Perry 'Dublime' gig in Brixton on friday. Unrelated to MTV and all thanks to my good friend Angel. I was so excited to get there, I sped over a speed bump and my engine fell off! 

Wish I was joking.

 Now if you don't know who he is, you should be shot. then I'll fill you in real briefly. He's a 76 year old LEGENDARY musician and producer from Jamaica who pretty much invented dub. He produced a lot of Bob Marley and Max Romeo's early stuff and is very well known for being off his nut due to copious amounts of weed. To get an idea of his mind set, READ THIS hilarious interview with the Guardian)

Watching Lee perform and then meeting him backstage was an absolute dream - he had a certain aura around him that made me want to hug him at all times, so I was very delighted when he openly offered me one. Best hug of my life. We were both very into it...

Photobucket

Style wise, Lee Perry is the 76 yr old, black, male version of me. When I asked him who made his hat, he said he did, assuring me that he was a 'top designer'. After chatting about the eskimo's he thought were on stage with him and about the giant stones in his sock, we compared accessories and chatted about our rings:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Honestly one of the most interesting (and legendary) people I've ever met and will hopefully see him again in January! What fun we'd have in an interview!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


^^^ Best picture ever. Adopt me PLEASE xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive