. MTV 'n Ting .

I gots a new idea. 

The Plan: Share my stories, thoughts, outfits, inside info and pictures from my random adventures whilst at MTV, in the form of an online diary. 

How it will probs go: I write one entry and am too lazy to forget to write again. 

But lets just crack on anyway shall we?

-------------------------------------------------------------

So...It's important to recognise that I'm just as surprised about this gig as I'm sure some of you reading this are. Presenting for a channel like MTV is something I've always dreamt of doing, but didn't ACTUALLY think I could pull it off. So the combination of my excitement and love of writing has lead me to the decision of sharing my business pon de blog.

For starters here's my intro on the website. I would embed the video, but I'm just not techno enough. Check it here - http://www.mtv.co.uk/becca  ...Bare in mind that whilst I have the (mild) ability to interview others in a high pressured sitch, I'm more - how do I put it - 'socially challenged' when answering questions myself. So yeah, most of the answers are not what I'd say in a normal conversation. Smooth

-------------------------------------------------------------
Week 1 consisted of this...

Photobucket

[Dress Topshop, Jacket H&M]

Photobucket

[Top Lazy Oaf, Beanie & shorts American Apparrel]

My first ever ever ever interview was with Mr Travis Payne; choreographer to Mr Michael Jackson and Producer of the highest grossing documentary of all time (at $261.3million dollars) 'This Is It'. Absolute diamond to interview, despite the rather intimidating shoot location of the empty 02 arena...I was lucky enough to receive tickets to see the Cirque De Soleil x Michael Jackson Immortal Tour that he choreographed, powerful show!

Photobucket

Next up was a rapper who's mixtape 'Reservation' I now cannot stop listening to - 21yr old rising starlette, Angel Haze. Fascinated by tales of her background and childhood, I learnt that she grew up in a religious cult where she couldn't listen to music until she was 16 (She heard her first Biggie Smalls song just 3 years ago!) For someone who's only been rapping for a few years, her flow is just incredible. Be sure to check out her brand new and painfully honest mixtape 'Classick'. Here's one of her more well known tunes:


Photobucket

-------------------------------------------------------------

Most recently, I hit up the Q Awards. This was manic to say the least. Wedged between tonnes of other reporters, I had Ben on camera squashed up against me with a hefty camera balancing on my shoulder,  queue cards and mic spralled out onto the red carpet whilst I'm telling Stooshe they look pretty then quickly wrapping that one up cause Matt bloody Bellamy from Muse is about to walk past! We managed to interview the likes of Muse, Example, Alice Cooper, Emile Sande, Alt-J, Manic Street Preachers, Rizzle Kicks, Proffessor Green, Lianne La Havas, Keane, Sugarbabes, The Noisettes and Stooshe in like 45 minutes. Deepend.com... so much fun but don't remember much and forgot to take pictures.  

Photobucket

[ ^^ I got all up in Muse drummer Dom Howard's grill, lolz]

-------------------------------------------------------------

This week I'll be presenting the news every day so lots happening -I'll be interviewing Nicki Minaj, hitting up the Cosmo awards and maybe even a bit of the Mercury awards!

Stay tuned xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive